Our Tony's Gelato Easter Puddings
Stuff you’ll need
180g bar of Tony’s
Green & Jenks gelato
Toppings - Nuts, Chocolate Chips, pretzel - whatever you like!
Filling - Chocospread, jam, nuts, salted caramel sauce
Room in the freezer
A pudding tin or muffin tin
Small saucepan - filled with a third of water
- Using a spoon press the gelato into your muffin tin/pudding tin. Push to cover the sides and base of the tin to create a wall thick enough so your filling won’t creep out.
- Next add your filling to the tin - we like to match the fillings with the chocolate - you could use salted caramel sauce, crushed up pretzels, jam - really whatever you fancy! Once that’s in add more gelato on top to completely cover the filling - like a gelato doughnut! Once it’s all tucked in, pop it into the freezer for at least 2 hours - you want the gelato ball to be as cold and hard as possible for the next step!
- Time to prep your toppings - get ready the finishing touches for your gelato balls - this can be chopped nuts, sea salt flakes, crushed pretzels again the choice is yours!
- Once your gelato ball is suitably cold (we do mean really cold) it’s time to melt your Choclonely - woo! To do so melt 180g of Tony’s (the small bars are perfect for this) using a ban marie. So grab a small saucepan and fill it with a third of water and put on a medium to high heat - stir often until your chocolate is silky smooth!
- Next the assembly - remove your tin from the freezer and place onto a wire cooling rack. Then pour the melted chocolate over your gelato ball so its completely covered!
- With haste add the chopped toppings to your gelato choco ball and then very carefully lift using a palette knife your gelato choco ball to a baking tray. Put the baking tray back into the freezer until the chocolate has completely hardened, we’d say 1 hour at least!
- And voila your Gelato Easter pudding are ready to serve!
- Pistachio Gelato / Dark Almond Sea Salt 51% Tony’s / Crushed pistachio topping/filling
- Salted Caramel or Vanilla gelato / Milk caramel sea salt 32% Tony’s / Filling salted caramel sauce / Topping Halen Mon Sea Salt Flakes
Pictures by I See Food