A little about us...
It all began in 1888 when Frederick Green, my great-great grandfather moved to Cardiff and founded Roath Park Dairy Company on Albany Road, a dairy and grocers that served the community for over 70 years.
In 2015 we relaunched the family business, named after by our founder Frederick Green and my Grandfather Norman Jenks. Inspired by our families foodie history and a love of all things Italian, we decided to make our own gelato using Welsh milk and local ingredients - and so Green and Jenks was born!
We are female founded, with three directors Shirley (Gilly's mother), Harriet and myself. We are a small but mighty business, every decision is made by us, every product carefully curated in line with our love for delicious food and bringing this to the community. Now with two shops and staff growing, we are really proud of the communities in both Monmouth and Cardiff.
- To provide the local community with quality and honest food.
- With smaller supply chains we support other small businesses
- and producers.
- To serve food good for the soul.
- Make gelato inspired by Italy supporting Welsh Dairy Farmers.
- Good food
- Customer service
- Shopping local
- Staff discount across both shops.
- Online training and development.
- Opportunities for career development and increased responsibility.
- Lots of tasting of products and influence in the range of what we offer.
- Be part of a growing, award-winning, local business.
- Flexible and fair hours, plus holiday pay.
- Family run, sustainable business.
Assistant Manager - Monmouth
- Manage the day to day running of the store.
- Be the first point of contact for staff, responsible for shop rota, holidays and time off.
- Recruit staff and work with the Managing Director to set a training programme.
- Be a key holder of the building and have responsibility for security and safety of staff and customers.
- Carry out risk assessments and follow health and safety policy
- Liaise and communicate effectively with all team members to ensure seamless transfer of information takes place.
- Up selling and identification of additional revenue opportunities.
- Maintain and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Maintain positive teamwork at all times.
- Working with suppliers, placing orders and receiving goods in and stock transfers.
- Assist with ordering stock, stock management, FIFO, and develop stock knowledge to share with customers and team.
- Responsibility for staffing budgets and work with the finance team to ensure payment of invoices.
- As the business is working towards a more streamlined back office system you will be expected to learn and train staff in these to improve efficiencies.
- To follow our sustainability policy and promote the reduction of waste, reuse materials and recycle.
- You must be well organised, be able to work at a fast pace while ensuring good quality food is produced.
- You will need to have a good eye for presentation to ensure the products are displayed to their best.
- You will be working as a team preparing food, serving customers and making sure the shop is clean and hygienic.
- Food safety, HACCP and excellent food hygiene is extremely important due to the range of products in stock.
- Assist in updating the website, developing marketing campaigns and a weekly newsletter.
- Assist the Directors in the scaling up of the business.
- To assist in the launch of a Shopify Online Shop.
We are looking for someone based closed to Monmouth, to deliver stock between our two shops. Weekend work included. Must hold clean full UK driving licence and be over 25.
How to apply?